A short post for those of you who asked for pictures of my progress. I think we did pretty good considering everything. We got two of the large cabinets with doors put together as well as the bookcase without doors. We are now MUCH faster at this than we were when doing the first one. Don't even need to look at the instructions. We got this much done by about 5:30 last night when it was time to head to Rick's and Rebecca's for our weekly get together. When we got home about 9:00 I couldn't resist taking time to put some fabrics away just to see how they'd look. I love the result! I did discover one thing, however, that will really stretch out this redo. Even though the depth of the cabinet was listed at 11", the shelves themselves are only 10 1/4" deep. My fat quarters all hang off the front of the shelves the way they are currently folded, so I will need to fold them all again so they measure about 9" x 5" instead of the current 11" x 4 1/2". I wanted to resort them anyway - separating all the reproductions and the primitive-folk art designs from the rest of them. Just means I'll be spending more time getting reacquainted with them!
Because we live in earthquake country, and for general safety, we are bolting all the shelves to the wall. I certainly have enough fabric that I could suffer significant damage if one of the shelves collapsed on me!
In case anyone is curious, I took an accurate measurement of the room while it was empty. It's a skinny 8' 8" wide and 13' 8" long - just over 118 sq. feet. It was my daughter's bedroom until she moved upstairs (into the room that currently holds the longarm) when she was in junior high school.
1. A successful trip to IKEA.
2. Another hand-and-foot win for the girls!
4. Cool mornings
5. A happy, helpful husband