Sunday, March 26, 2006

A good time was had by all

Quilting retreats are just the best! We all had a wonderful time, and the days passed by much too quickly. As usual I took many projects that never saw the light of day, but I did get many things accomplished that I wanted to do so it was a success in that way. After 3 straight days of string piecing I got tired of that, and the baskets seemed to be as full as ever! Here's what my project looks like right now.
I caught up with my Girl Gang "It's a Wonderful Life". I guess I should say I finished the appliqué on all the prepared blocks. Another installment came just before I left so I'll need to work on that one next. I also got more done on the blocks for Heirloom Stitches and the Jan Patek mystery. I'll post those later.
We had 10 people at the retreat this time. One long-time member didn't make it for health reasons, and another stayed home at the last minute because they bought a new house and had to start getting theirs ready to sell. We had three ladies who attended for the first time - it's so great to make new quilty friends!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great group of quilters and sounds like you got a lot done. I love quilting retreats!

Judy L.

Anonymous said...

All those ladies together, I bet there were lots of laughs and good times ! Love the projects.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. The string quilt is coming out great.

Anonymous said...

Retreats are such fun! I went to the store's website and it didn't mention anything about renting rooms in the basement. Must be fairly big that 10 people can stay there. Do they feed you or do you cook for yourselves? I will be going off to a retreat in April. I have lots planned to do there as well.

Anonymous said...

I bet you all had a great, great time together and will ready to roll out when its time for the next one. Your blocks are looking good--are you needle turning or using another technique?

I've got to do some applique on a round robins sometime next month and it has to be by hand, though blanket stitch is approved. Applique is not my "thing" but I love it that others of you are doing a bang up job of it.

Anonymous said...

I love the wonkiness of your strings! How big do you plan to make it? Are you starting in the center of the phone book page and working out to each corner or starting in a corner and going across?

Forestjane

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had fun, and your string quilt so far looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Patti - your string quilt looks great! I love the big and small sashings/cornerstones! This is great!

And your girl gang is looking great as well.

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, love the string quilt - very fun

Anonymous said...

I love retreats! sounds like you had fun and got lots done too-a good thing. I love the string top so far..I know what you mean - hard to see any dent being made after all that sewing...

Anonymous said...

I got the newest Girl Gang (bunny) pattern, so I need to get back to that!
Jeanne :)

Anonymous said...

Your string quilt is striking. The sashings remind me of window panes. Looking forward to seeing it when complete. What a fun group of gals you all look like :)