Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I've been busy

Let's see - what have I been doing since Saturday's post? Still pressing fabrics. I had more than I thought because when I went to do laundry on Monday I found a big load of fabrics in the dryer - I thought I'd taken out the last load! So I ironed the rest of the afternoon and evening on Saturday.

Sunday I started my friend Kathi's quilt. I thought I could finish it in one day - wrong! I spent about 6-8 hours on it Sunday, then finished in three more hours on Monday afternoon. I'm so glad to have this done - Kathi is so glad to have it back - and I'm happy to say she liked what I did to it very much. I was very relieved - Asian just isn't my thing when it comes to quilting, so I really didn't know what to do. I was right - the quilt started talking to me as soon as I started doing the anchoring stitch-in-the-ditch.

Monday morning I watched Joseph while his dad took his mom to physical therapy and a doctor appointment. I needed to head north to Momma Made It in Longview to pick up 80 more "opportunity quilt" tickets for a guild fundraiser. I'd unexpectedly sold 140 tickets in about 10 minutes - a huge surprise! - and all I had was 60 tickets. Of course, I can never go to Momma Made It without spending money, and this was no exception. I'm making sure Joseph feels very comfortable in a quilt store LOL! I didn't take a picture of the new fabrics - rats!

We've had spectacular spring weather the last few days - it reached 80 yesterday and Monday! - and the flowers are so beautiful. I just had to take pictures to post - I'm practicing with the macro setting on my camera. Spring flowers are my favorites - I love the blues of grape hyacinths and windflowers, the yellows of daffodils, tulips, and forsythia, the reds of tulips and rhododendrons, and the purples and pinks of azaleas. And the trees are so beautiful - the crab apple in the front yard and the apple and cherry in the back yard. I ran all over taking pictures. The beauty of the macro setting is that most of the time the weeds don't creep into the pictures! I can't get down on my knees right now to weed, so we are having a neighbor boy clean out all the beds and move some plants for us. Then I'll have him put down new bark dust and plant other flowers for me. I can hardly wait for it to be finished!

************
Gratitudes:
1. Rebecca's recovery is progressing well
2. Breakfast with a friend
3. Continuing discovery of new joys while cooking
4. Weight loss going in the right direction

6 comments:

Carrie P. said...

The quilt turned out just fantastic. Joseph sure is a cutie pie.

sewprimitive karen said...

Joseph is adorable!!

Crispy said...

Thanks for the lovely flower pictures, nothing blooming here yet. Joseph sure is a cutie!!

Crispy

Pam said...

Oh look at him!! Isn't he just the cutest little guy!!!

Isn't it nice that spring has finally arrived!!

Lynda said...

The flower show is lovely! Rather like over here, where the weather has been unseasonably warm over the last week. (It's due to get back to normal over the weekend!)

irishgirlsews said...

Your quilt is stunning, the pics of your flowers are beautiful as well. I used to visit Momma Made it all the time, miss the Pacific NW & all the great quilt shops.
Wendy