Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween everyone!

Seems like life is rushing by faster and faster every day. I have no real excuse for not posting sooner - I'm just having a challenge getting back into routines after having so much time off work - first for my shoulder and then at retreat.

The shoulder is getting better each day. Feels great a lot of the time but then hurts when I do the exercises the physical therapist gave me to do. I sewed quite a bit this weekend and by evening it hurt also, but was OK the next day. I've not tried longarming yet - I'm waiting to see what my doctor says this afternoon and the physical therapist says on Friday.

We received marvelous news yesterday - the best possible. Our daughter and son-in-law received word that their paperwork has passed out of the Guatemalan PGN, which means Joseph is now legally their son. It will take 6-8 more weeks for the last paperwork to be done at the US embassy - his passport, his US birth certificate - etc. - and then they can go get him. They will have only a few days warning, so hopefully it will be more like 6 weeks than 8, because 8 weeks goes to Christmas Day. Would probably be hard to get plane reservations that close to Christmas. One way or another we will all be receiving the best Christmas gift we could possibly get. I'm pretty sure I still can't post his picture - I'll do that as soon as I know it's OK.

In the meantime I'm still back to sewing strings. I've doubled the size of the top that I started at retreat. I'm almost finished with another 6 rows - hopefully those will be done by this weekend.

I'm also continuing with my hand quilting. At guild Sew Frenzy last Friday I marked all the borders. I'm now finished with one short border and half finished with the first long border. That one should be a finished project by the end of November. About time - it's been a UFO since the early 1990's!!!

************
Gratitudes:
1. A new grandson from Guatemala will arrive before the end of the year
2. Red, yellow, green and orange leaves against a brilliant blue sky
3. An exciting box in Fred's closet for my Christmas gift - I'm sure it contains a design wall!
4. A Tangled Thread friend's son is now out of Iraq
5. Another Tangled Thread friend has a beautiful new grandson

19 comments:

loulee said...

Excellent news, congratulations, well done. ((HUGS)).
We'll need lots of pics of Joe as soon as you can.

Helen in the UK said...

What fantastic news on your very-soon-to-be Grandson.
Love how the string quilt is coming together :)

Tazzie said...

What entirely wonderful news, you must be just thrilled! Be sure to give us updates as you can!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Carol said...

Patti that is the very BEST news...what we've all hoped for...can't wait to see pictures of you holding that wonderful little boy. YIPPEE!

julieQ said...

I am so glad for you. Happy Halloween indeed for you!

JulieQ

Carole said...

Looking good! You've been a busy bee! Thanks for sharing!

Silverthimble said...

What wonderful news about your new grandson! I love the new string quilt! The hand quilting is coming along great on the UFO!

Holly said...

Great news about your grandson, Patti! Your string quilt is looking awesome.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh WONDERFUL HAPPY news!

KC Quilter said...

Woohoo! Joseph will be home before you know it. Congrats to the whole family.

swooze said...

Great news! Can't wait to "met" him!

Libby said...

Oh what happy news . . . I bet the whole family is on pins and needles waiting - I know I am *s*

cityquilter grace said...

it's a halloween treat for sure, patti; congratulations grandma! it's wonderful news

Tanya said...

Congratulations. Hope your new grandson arrives soon and you can enjoy him before the holidays!

Shelina said...

Congrats on the good news! What a lovely christmas present!
That quilt looks so wonderful with all those beautiful fabrics. I've been thinking of things to do to use up my scraps.

Lily Mulholland said...

Wonderful news Patti :)

And your strips are looking fab!

sewprimitive karen said...

What a wonderful Christmas it will be with Joseph with all of you!

Susan said...

Excellent hand quilting. But then, you do everything so well.

atet said...

That is the very best kind of news -- congrats on your grandson coming home!!!! WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!