I don't have a picture yet - hopefully tomorrow. Today I finished the Postage Stamp flimsy. This has been my leader-ender project ever since I first read about that process on Bonnie's website. Of course it didn't even begin to put a dent in my 2" square baskets, so I've already started a new 2" square leader ender project. Just sewing pairs together for now - not sure what I'll do with them.
I'm happy to report that I busted about nine yards of fabric today. I used up four yards of purple that I originally bought as a second purple choice for Sophie's quilt. This became the sashing and a bit of the backing. A few 2 1/2" strips were left to add to that drawer but that was all. I also pulled about 4 1/2 yards of fabric a friend had given me and used it for the back. A fat quarter of yellow was used for the setting squares. Sure felt good to bust all that stash!
First thing tomorrow I'm putting the quilt on the longarm. Since this is a donation quilt I'm going to do a very fast large meander on it. Then I'll pull 2 1/2" strips from the drawer for making a scrappy binding. This should be done in no time at all. It sure feels good to have another UFO so close to being finished!
Still no grandbaby yet. Sophie is taking her own sweet time at arriving. If she doesn't make an entrance on her own by Tuesday the doctor will induce. So hopefully I'll be posting pictures of our first grandchild before too many days have passed!
1. Scrap bins full of possibilities
2. Warm rain falling today
3. A new book to read
4. New Smartwool socks
5. Cornbread, butter and honey for dinner