Thursday, September 12, 2013

It is dead.

Really dead.  My beloved IPOD, which has given me hundreds and hundreds of delightful listening hours.  It has turned up its toes.  Stuck its spoon in the wall.  (For all of you out there who love Regency romances like I do).


I can't remember when we bought this - I know it was years ago.  We bought this one for both of us, and realized right away that wouldn't work so bought another too.  This model hasn't be sold for a long time.  This one had twice as much storage as Fred's, so this one holds all the audio books.

I was near the beginning of the third book of a trilogy, so had to keep reading.  I managed to listen to that one on my tablet.  For some reason my phone won't seem to accept the newest downloads. I've ordered a new one - expected it today - but just learned it won't get here until next week.

How am I going to entertain myself while I deal with this?


I'm just not in the mood for TV or a movie - especially something new that I need to actually watch.

I'm in search of a solution to this dilemma.  Wish me luck.

UPDATE:  I deleted the audible app on my phone and reinstalled it.  Hooray!  That worked.  Now I'm happily listening to my newest book while ironing fabric.  Turns out the temp wasn't nearly as high today as expected, so I washed two loads and decided to chance it.  I'm tolerating it, as long as the fan is aimed directly at me!

2 comments:

Kigwit said...

Patti, when I use my iron I have a fan on the floor pointed up at me-and a ceiling fan running right over me. I think I will combust when the menopause really hits!

JoAnne said...

I have that exact same ipod and it also holds all of the audiobooks. I was going to suggest that you can check your library for a different audiobook, just to fill the gap, but I'm glad you got your phone to work!