I finished only eight blocks today - but I did take a few breaks so I guess that's a good start. I made them two at a time so I could them as leader-enders for each other. The first picture shows the blocks without sashing and the second with sashing. I cut sashing pieces at the same time I cut the block parts because I'm pretty sure I'm going to use sashing. I just like how it looks - it makes the pattern looks much more complicated. I'm partial to the barn raising set so that's probably how I'll arrange the blocks, but I'll play with other settings too before making a final decision. I have lots and lots of fabrics I've not yet used - I don't think that one dark fabric will stand out nearly so much in the final quilt as I have several more dark reds to use.
I like how this is looking!