Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I did accomplish something today

It wasn't what I'd hoped - I didn't get any quilts basted - but I cut batting for every small quilt I've finished.  Here you see eight quilts rolled with their battings.  This eliminated the stack of batting pieces that have been filling corners in the sewing room, making it hard to organize them - hooray!
Next week I'll work on cutting backs and basting all of these.  Hopefully the last two will get the applique and embroidery finished this weekend so I can do the same with them.


It will be nice having all these ready to go.  In the meantime I've been quilting away on "Peace on Earth", which is closer and closer to being finished.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Oh it looks just like my wee quilts right now I have about as many ready for some quilting! now you need something beside your chair to stand them up in and grab one when you are in the mood.

Julierose said...

Good work there--I hate all that batting hangin' out in my corners, too! Hugs, Julierose

Mary Johnson said...

Did you have to piece them? I have a bin of leftovers upstairs needing piecing and a full bin downstairs. The plan is to work on them soon and send some to Mom for all the placemats she's making.

keryn said...

I spy that lovely blue floral I recently used as borders on a log cabin. Now I'm sad that I don't have any more of it, but seeing your little quilt makes me think I have enough scraps to make my own small quilt.

You'll feel a great sense of accomplishment when that pile of quilts is all finished.