Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just pretend it's Monday



I got so caught up in my sewing room redo that I totally forgot about Loser Monday! I know it's so trite - but better late than never!


Last week was a nice success - down 2 pounds! Walking the 3.3 miles round trip to Starbucks several times a week has really helped - especially since I'm not allowing myself to have anything to eat. A skinny venti latte gives me my coffee and milk with few calories. I earned 20 exercise points this week!

I took the picture this morning - I'm confident that when I weigh in today I will have finally dropped below the 180 mark. I'll let you know later!

Hint for the week - another great healthy eating website is http://www.dwlz.com/. - Dotti's Weight Loss Zone. Lots of great tips and ideas, plus a very comprehensive restaurant list with points value of menu items. Check it out!

Update - lost another 1.6 pounds this week!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Nearly three and a half miles to Starbucks *one way*? I'd love to be able to have time in my day (week) for long walks. Wow! I managage a 40 minute hike into the hills west of our home... but that's once a week. :0) It's good to know how fun retirement can be.

Barb said...

Well, it looks like you made you weight goal for the week by the scales. Good job....

Gari in AL said...

How very brave of you to show a picture of your scale. And also how very brave of you to weigh in jeans. Congratulations on your ongoing weight loss. Isn't it a great ride?

Julie said...

Good for you!!

Tazzie said...

Wow Patti! You're doing a wonderful job, I need to be motivated by your amazing success!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

LindaSue said...

Hi Patti
Soon to post some pictures of my crumb quilts. Just wanted to touch base with you. I am Linda In SE Ala. I am the one who you sent the scraps too. I have two quilts done except for the binding. Another six tops done, and plenty of squares in process. Pat in Utah sent me material and showed me how to do the strings so I have over 200 squares done.

Your scrap material has been a godsend and I can't thank you enough. If you ever come across anymore scraps I could sure use them.

I love your organization stuff. I love IKEA and sure wish I had one close. The stuff is so good and the prices are so great. Can't beat them for what you need.

Again, just wanted to touch base. Will let you know when I post the pictures. Good luck with your weight loss. Sounds like you are working hard on it.

Take care Linda

Carrie P. said...

You go girl! Keep it up.

Lily Mulholland said...

Congratulations Patti - you are doing so well!!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Congrats on the lost weight. And love the quilt in the header. I would be so happy .... to lose 10 pounds and keep it off. I have just begun walking 3 times a week. Maybe it will start to help...now that I am working and on my feet too. :0)

Cindy said...

Way to go girlfriend. I just started weight watchers myself. I'd love to "lose" right along with you.
Hugs,
http://sewcindy.blogspot.com/

Ginger Patches said...

You are doing a great job!! I know it get's harder when you've been at it so long...so way to hang in there!